Availability: all channels.
Text Block options:
- Variables: In every channel and integration, customized text can be inserted with variables.
- Hyperlink: you also have the option to hyperlink text in a Text Block in every channel.
Hide or show text using inline text conditions
Conditional text lets you show or hide text within any Text Block, in any channel, using filters that show or hide the text in-line based on data from the data or profile objects sent with the Send API call.
A typical use case for inline text conditions is creating a fallback greeting when you don't have a user's name.
- Highlight the '$.profile.name' variable in your template and create a condition to hide it when the name property is empty
- highlight your fallback text, 'there' for example, and set a condition to show when name property is empty.
Cross-channel formatting behaviors:
Courier automatically adjusts any text formating to align with the channel and integration limitations when you drag text blocks in from the shared content library.
- Text blocks in email offer options such as Header text (H1, H2), subtext, text color, and text alignment that are not available in other channels such as SMS, push, or Slack.
- You can also insert images inline:
- And highlight text:
Direct Message (Slack, MS Teams, Facebook Messenger):
- Bold and Italic formatting is available in certain Direct Message blocks.
- SMS does not allow text formatting, so any formatted text using bold, italics, headers, subtext, background-colors or alignment will revert to plain text
- Formatted anchor links become URL hyperlinks when pulled into an SMS from the shared library.
Hide the entire Text Block using conditions
It is possible to hide a Text Block - or any other type of block - using conditional filters. When the User Profile data matches the filter rules, the block will be hidden.