The Notification settings contain important information required to send the notification along with settings that define how email notifications look, when your notification sends, and its publish history.
There are five sections of the Notification Settings.
- Publish History
Opening the Notification settings
To view the Notification settings, open the notification in the designer list, then click the settings icon next to the Notification name.
- The Notification ID is a unique string assigned to the notification by Courier.
- When you make a successful Send API request, Courier returns the Notification ID mapped to the event used to trigger it.
- You can also use the Notification ID as the event object in your Send
- A Tenant-level token required to send Notifications.
- You can also find your Tenant's AuthToken in the General Settings.
- Brands are "enabled" by default so each new email notification will use your Default Brand template unless you disable it.
- Brands must be "enabled" to use Custom Brands on email notifications.
- Use this setting to assign a notification to a Category. Notification Categories let you group notifications and allow end-users to set preferences on more than one notification at a time.
- Even if you've assigned a notification to a Category, you can define whether or not you want the notification to inherit settings from the category or define them at the Notification level with this setting.
- Timestamp of when the notification was created.
- The Duplicate button allows you to duplicate all content, channels and configurations created in this notification into a new notification.
- The duplicate will not share the same Notification ID.
- The Delete button permanently deletes the notification and all its content.
Notes let you create and edit an internal note about the Notification. Once a note has been added, you'll see a new note icon in the main notifications list – clicking this opens a read-only view of the note directly within the list view.
You can map an existing Event trigger to the notification in the Events section of the Notification settings.
Read more about creating events.
Using the Conditions tool in the Notification settings allows you to use properties from the
profile objects provided by the Send API call or User Profile to prevent the notification from sending when specific conditions are met.
Read more: Using Notification send conditions
- Publish History allows you to see who published versions of the Notification and when they published it.
- Rollback allows you to revert to any previously published version. Note: You will lose any unpublished work if you click Rollback.