A disconnected plug icon on a Notification Channel means the channel does not have an integrated Provider. Until you successfully add an integrated Provider you will be unable to send the Notification via that channel.
- If you've already configured an Integration for the Channel type(s) in your Notification you'll be able to add them with a single click.
- If you haven't already completed an Integration for the Channel type, you will need to configure one.
There are two places to configure a Provider integration:
- The Channel Settings in the Notification you're designing
- The Integrations tab of the Courier app.
1. Integrate a Provider via the Channel Settings
To open the Chanel settings, hover over the Channel and click the settings icon ⚙️ or click on the Plug icon (Integrate a Provider).
The Channel Settings allow you to add integrations from the Designer view in the Notification you're currently building by:
- Clicking Add Integration and EITHER
- Selecting a Channel Integration that is already configured OR
- Configuring a new integration
Adding a configured Integration to a Channel
- Click "Add Integration".
- Select one (or more) of your configured integrations.
Configuring an Integration via the Channel Settings
- The requirements to configure an integration depend on the specific Channel Provider.
- The Integration form will indicate all the information needed from your provider account to complete the configuration.
When you close the Channel Settings you will no longer see that the Plug icon if you've successfully added an Integration.
- NOTE: the configuration process does not validate the integration information you've provided.
2. Integrating a Channel via the Integrations Tab
The Integrations tab allows you to add new integrations, view and manage installed Integrations, and see the entire catalog of Courier Integration options.
To configure a new Integration:
- Open the Integrations tab.
- Choose your channel provider from the Integration Catalog.
- Configure the integration by completing the form with the required information.
- You will see your newly configured provider in the Installed Integrations section.
- Open the Notification Designer and follow the steps outlined above for adding a configured Integration to a Channel.
Note: The specific information required depends on the provider. Note also that Courier does not validate your configuration in the Integration dialogue.